Stamp-n-Knit

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Knitting Update and "Crusty Steve"

Okay, before I get on with the knitting update content, I have to tell you the story of "Crusty Steve." My son is a HUGE army guy/cowboy fan. He loves to run around the house pretending he's an army guy/cowboy. Well, this weekend he was an army guy/cowboy with a horse. He kept running around saying, "Look at my Crusty Steve!" and "Here I come to save the day on my Crusty Steve!" It took me a while to figure out what he was talking about. I thought maybe he named his horse "Crusty Steve". He ACTUALLY meant to say "TRUSTY STEED". I thought this was one of the funniest things I have heard from him lately and wanted to share. I still haven't corrected him - I think it is just too cute! :)

Onto the knitting content...I kept hearing how everyone was finding YARN at TARGET! So I took a trip to the local Target (30 miles away) and got me some of that there yarn! Here is what I've done with it so far. I'm only into the first skeins of both of these and the scarf is pretty good size. It should end up a nice size when I get through the few skeins I got! :) The yarn didn't originally look FABULOUS together, but it is turning out really nicely!



Here is my second Clapotis. I'm doing it in some alpaca blend yarn from Mystical Creation Yarns. It's soooo soft and yummy. I have to work on it in spurts, though, so I've only dropped two stitches so far.


And here is the Picovoli that I've been working on. I'm getting bored with it - I'm into the boring old stockinette stitch. :) I'll pull it out between the Clapotis and Christmas presents!


Um...after posting these it seems I have quite a newfound fetish for ORANGE! I certainly didn't realize this until now. Maybe I should start something in a new color group! Sheesh! :)

4 Comments:

  • I LOVE the "crustie steve" story- too cute. you are going to remember that one forever.
    I REALLY like the Target yarn- you are in an "autumnal phase"!

    By Blogger Nessie Noodle, at 10:35 AM  

  • The target Scarf looks great!!!!

    I bought some of the "ladder" yarn in the pastel colors!



    http://pennyknits.blogspot.com/

    I too updated My Blog :)

    By Blogger Knitcrazy, at 2:10 PM  

  • I love the clapotis! i want to get cracking on a winter weight one for myself. the postman should be bringing you a package any day now...

    By Blogger PalofSecrets, at 11:31 PM  

  • OMG! I absolutely love your newest clapotis! bright & bold colorway! ohhhh cant wait too see it done

    By Blogger Sock Hook'r, at 12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home